What is Hospice?
- Medical Direction by the hospice physician
- Nursing services routine available and/or on call on a 24 hr/7 days a week basis by or under supervision of a registered nurse functioning within a plan of care developed by the hospice interdisciplinary team in consultation with the physician
- Medical Social Services by a qualified social worker under the direction of a physician
- Counseling including spiritual, bereavement, dietary. Bereavement services available to the family and other individuals identified in the plan of care for up to one year following the death of the patient.
- Medical equipment, appliances and supplies
- Drugs/pharmaceuticals for pain/symptom management
- Ambulance and labs related to the terminal illness
- Palliative services including radiation therapy, transfusions, etc., as needed